Monday 11 February 2013

Training Review - Week 6 - w/e Feb 10th


So targets for last week (Week 6) were:
Swim >1.5 miles. Bike >23 miles. Run >13 miles. A race.

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT. 1,625m with lots of drills, in 55 mins

Tuesday - Gym brick. 45mins each run 5.1 miles and bike 14.3. Slightly down on last week but coming off the back of three much heavier days so still pretty happy.

Wednesday - Run around Dyce. Extended the normal loop to 3.5 miles, in 33 mins.

Thursday - Swim at Bucksburn. Lost count of laps but about 800m in 20mins.

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - North District XC League at Forres. 5.4 hilly miles in 45mins. Race review to follow.

Sunday - Westhill Duathlon cancelled. So 90mins, 26.2 miles on the gym bike instead.

Result - Swim 1.5 miles (2,425m). Bike 40.5 miles. Run 14 miles. A race.

Another all round good week on the training front.
Forres Cross-country went a lot better than I expected. Westhill duathlon being cancelled at the last minute was a bit of a hassle but I had half expected it from the weather through the week so I had planned a trip to the gym as a back-up. That actually balances the numbers out better for the week, and gave me Sunday afternoon to myself as well.

In other news the car I crashed last week decided to die on the way to work Thursday morning. Turned out to be the alternator. Very annoying but ultimately not a huge problem as I arranged to collect my new car the same day.


No comments:

Post a Comment