Monday 18 February 2013

Training Review - Week 7 - w/e Feb 17th


So targets for last week (Week 7) were:
Swim >1.5 miles, T20 time trial >1,100m. Bike >50 miles. Run >13 miles.

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT, 1,500m. Including T20 time trial 1,175m (or 1,225 according to the lifeguard that was counting for my lane) in 20mins. 75m (or 125m) more than last year.

Tuesday - Run around Dyce. Standard loop 3.1 miles, in 27 mins. 

Wednesday - Gym brick. 45mins, 5.1 miles treadmill and 1 hour, 18.3 miles on the bike . Extended bike by 15mins this week from previous. Then swim at Bucksburn, 600m of drills. 

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Oops. Since I rolled the swim into Wednesday and had a rest day in on Thursday, I skipped the rest day and did 15.3 miles in an easy hour on the exercise bike.

Saturday - Saturday morning ride with Deeside. 3 hours worth, 43.8 miles.

Sunday - 8.1 mile run, 1 hour 15. Knackered! Should have been 9 but had to stop.

Result - 
Swim 1.3 miles 2,100m, T20 time trial 1,175m (Or maybe 1,225m?). Bike 77.4 miles. Run 16.3 miles.

Chuffed with the swim time trial. Expected to be close to last year's 1,100m, or maybe even a touch under as I wasn't sure how recovered my collar-bone / shoulder was. I also had slightly more traffic in my lane this year than last year, but no-one going fast enough to get a good draft from. I was pretty pleased to squeeze in an extra three lengths, and to be a lap ahead of most of the next lane up. (Possibly more as the lane counter had me down for a further 2 laps). Also happy enough despite being under the total swim target for the week.

Wednesday alone totals out to the best part of a standard triathlon. My swim buddy wasn't available Thursday so she asked to move to Wednesday, and I decided to just slide it forward a day rather than swap it out with the Wednesday brick. This was pretty ambitious for a weekday but worked out pretty well.

Saturday was my first ride with Deeside. Their plan was to go for 55 miles, but the person who invited me to go with them had planned to drop off early so we went with the slowest group and cut back slightly early for 45miles instead. Still makes this my longest bike week ever with 77.4 miles in total.

Sunday was a day too far. Maybe shifting my rest day from Friday, or the pace of Saturday ride, or maybe just not prepping as well as I could have done on the Sunday morning, or the slightly slower pace not being enough to get comfortable, or my middle of the night nose-bleed, or the heat (6 degrees but I was dressed for 3degrees), or maybe a combination of all of those. I had to stop at 8 miles and 1 hour 15. Slightly disappointed after how easily I ran at Forres last week.

I have been totally lazy about stretching and core. I have put them on the plan every week so far and think I have only done 1 core session out of the 7 weeks, and have only done little stretching bits when they have been absolutely necessary. So next week one of them is going on the major targets list for the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment