Monday 18 November 2013

Training Review - Week 46 - Nov 11 to 17

Started Monday with what should have been an easy swim session. Turned out to be some pretty heavy sprint work. Good for a change though. 

Tuesday was a nice easy road run around Dyce. Nice steady 9 min/mile pace. Was struggling a bit with the cold air, but legs were fine. This session has become pretty much an easy recovery run after heavier weekend sessions. But it is keeping my running miles ticking over for the year. 


Wednesday I went for a run up Kirkhill in the dark again. Was a bit breezy, but good fun. Did my same 4 mile loop. Missed the Strava King of the Mountain on the long climb by less than a second! Slightly frustrated, but also I know that I can definitely have that one in the daylight.  I am definitely running as well off-road as I have done for a long time. It will be interesting to see how I go at the XC league on the weekend.

Thursday was Bikefitting. Then a cinema trip to Thor: The Dark World. Much better than the first Thor movie, and very inkeeping with the whole Marvel Avengers series.

Friday, took a rest day before racing. Did a bit of stretching, but not enough to constitute a session. 

Saturday, I went to Elgin to run the North District Cross-Country League. Parked at my parents house and mountain biked the mile to the course. Ran the race. Separate blog post to follow, probably about Tuesday. Then road a nice downhill mile home, in a sudden torrential storm.

Sunday, I was still a bit stiff from racing. Had a lie in. Then played some wii. Did do my core session and light weights to finish off the week. 

I also stuffed myself full of a massive thai take-out, which put me back over my weight target for the week. Back to the wrong side of the 80kg mark. 




So targets for last week (Week 45) were: 
Swim >1 miles. Bike >40 miles. Run >12 miles. 1 short core, 1 short light weights and 1 short stretching sessions. 30mins of wii yoga. 
Keep weight under 80kg.

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT. 1,900m in 55 mins.

Tuesday - Run 6 miles in 54mins.

Wednesday - Run 4 miles in 33 mins.

Thursday - Bikefit. Cinema day - Thor 2.

Friday - Rest day.

Saturday - North District Cross-Country League - Elgin. Race Review to follow.


Sunday - Rest day.



Result - Swim 1.2 miles (1,900m). Bike 7.6 miles. Run 16.0 miles. 1 short core, 1 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions. mins of wii yoga. 
Weight 80.5 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment