Sunday 27 January 2013

Training Plan - Week 5



Monday  - Swim with TPT, ~1mile.

Tuesday - Run at Dyce, 3.1 mile loop (or treadmill if the pavements are still so icy).

Wednesday - Gym brick 45 min run, 45 min bike. (Should be somewhere around 5 miles and 14 miles).

Thursday - Swim 30mins steady, (with turns if the pool is quiet) and core.

Friday - Rest day.

Saturday - Long day. Run or bike. Either a 6-mile or longer run, or a 30 mile or longer bike. Depends on weather and company.

Sunday - Long day. Whichever one I didn't do on Saturday.

First time I have a planned rest day in. Tweaking my knee this morning and generally being exhausted have led me to plan it in rather than leave them till I damage something. It is planned for later in the week but I might push Tuesday or Wednesday sessions to Friday and slot the rest day in earlier depending on how my knee feels.

The weekend sessions I have left out the detail this week, partly for the weather effects, partly to fit around other people. The last couple of weeks I have been off plan on weekends anyway.

Target totals - Swim >1.5 miles. Bike >40 miles. Run >12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment