Monday 14 January 2013

Training Review - Week 2 - w/e Jan 13th


So target totals for last week (Week 2) were:
Swim ~1 mile. Bike >31 miles. Run >10 miles. And do Westhill Duathlon. 

Full details of my Week 2 training plan here.

Actuals were:

M  - Swim with TPT. 1,700m.

T - 5k run around Dyce, that's 3.1 miles in real money (who needs rest days anyway?).

W - 5 mile treadmill, 45mins. 10mile gym bike, 30mins.

T - Swim at Bucksburn. 1,000m in 20 mins.

F - 14 mile gym bike, 45mins.

S - Rest Day. (Ok, apparently I do need rest days for the shoulder).

S - 6.7 mile run around Westhill, 70mins. 18 mile gym bike, 60mins.

Result - Swim 1.72 miles (2,700m), Bike 42 miles, Run 14.8 miles.

Another good week for miles. Got all my targets in and managed to go beyond my unweighted annual swim target as well. Both pool sessions were too crowded to work on my turns this week.

Westhill duathlon being cancelled changed my weekend plans, I had options for both days and could have gone way over my targets again but decided to stick with the rest day on Saturday and then a bike and run sunday.

Bad week for the collar bone though. Has been getting gradually worse throughout the week. Due in for more x-rays on Monday and I am hoping that they will tell me that I have just been overdoing it a bit rather than saying that something hasn't healed properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment