Monday 7 January 2013

Training Review - Week 1 - w/e Jan 6th

So targets for last week (Week 1) were:
Swim ~1 mile. Bike >31 miles. Run >10 miles. Half an hour of something else.

Actuals were:
Monday  - Brick at Kirkhill. 8.2 mile mtb 1hr45 (effectively doing intervals) & 2 mile hill jog, 19mins. Running on my own outside, having had people ride the run course with em and check it was empty just beforehand. Bit stressful but no panic attack.

Tuesday - 3.5 mile treadmill jog, 35 mins.
Also went on a mad cleaning and tidying binge for the last day of my holidays. Going to count this against my half-hour of something else, although it was several hours, and was enough to leave my shoulder hurting so much that I had to take a couple of paracetamol.

Wednesday - 4.7 miles treadmill jog, 45 mins.

Thursday - 1,100m swim at Bucksburn. With some attempts at turns. First time going to the pool on my own in over 2 years. Stressful till I got in the water but there was hardly anyone in and I was able to just get on with it.

Friday - Rest day.

Saturday - 1,000m swim at Bucksburn.

Sunday - 49.6 mile road ride from Kintore.

Also, I did at least one set of my physio exercises every day. And a couple of 10 minutes core and stretching things in between as well.

Result - Swim 1.3 miles. Bike 57.8 miles. Run 10.2 miles.

A very good week all round. Happy with all the totals despite needing 3 attempts to get the running miles.

Already starting to feel that my bike target for the year was more than a little bit lazy. But then I wasn't at work Monday/Tuesday, so I had a lot more time to train, and to rest, than I will have in future weeks. I will give it at least until the end of March till I start reviewing annual targets.


No comments:

Post a Comment