Monday 26 August 2013

Training Review - Week 34 - August 19 to 25


Monday, I went for an easy swim. My knee / calf problem is improving but it is still far from normal. Forgot my watch so took a rough time off the wall clock.


Tuesday, it was an easy jog around Dyce. Knee and back are improving pretty quickly. Don't think there is any serious damage, just seems to tighten up and ache a bit.


Wednesday, I took a trip out to Knockburn. Was paddling away comfortably. Nothing too energetic and knee was holding up nicely. Forgot my watch again but times aren't really an issue this week anyway. Back and shoulder were getting a bit tight by the end of lap 2 so I decided to call it a day rather than go round a third or fourth lap. The aches and tension were more stress related from work rather than tiredness from the weekend.


Thursday, I had a rest day. I am getting Dexter for the weekend which will mean lots of jogging offroad, so my knee needs a precautionary rest.

Friday, me and Dex were both tired so we just went for a walk round the park.

Saturday we went for an easy run up Kirkhill. 

Sunday we went out to marshal at Alford Try-A-Tri. 

I have now swum over 52 miles this year. That is the most I have ever swum in a year. Progress numbers there might slow down a bit over the next month. Inverurie pool is closed for a month and the temperature at Knockburn is dropping.

I have passed 500 miles running for the year. Next week I should pass my target for the year of 520.



So targets for last week (Week 34) were:  None. Just do what I can after Aberfeldy.

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim 800m, 30mins. Bit of easy stretching.

Tuesday - Easy run. 4.4 miles in 41mins.


Wednesday - Swim at Knockburn, 1,200m, 30mins. 

Thursday - Rest day. Easy core and stretching.

Friday - Rest day.

Saturday - Easy run, 3.9 miles 44 mins. 

Sunday - Rest day. Marshalling at Alford.


Result - 
Swim 1.25 miles (2,000 m). Bike 0 miles. Run 8.3 miles. 1 core and 1 stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment