Saturday 6 April 2013

Goodbye mid-life crisis?

I sold my Trans-Am today. She was absolutely a symbol of a standard male mid-life crisis. Being 30, having too much money, and nothing I really needed to spend it on, I bought myself a toy sports car to play with.




A part of me is very sad to see her go. We have had some very good times together. Last proper long run-out we had was to win my final North District Championship titles and then to one of my best friend's stag weekends.

But she has done less than 200 miles in the last two years and has been out of mot and SORN'ed for over a year now and was becoming just an obstacle to me using my garage for anything else. Mostly I was feeling guilty that she was rusting away in my garage while someone else could have been having the benefit of her.

The money has gone in the bank for now, but as soon as I sell the mondeo it will be spent on a shiny new time-trial bike. So maybe not quite mid-life crisis over just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment