Monday 8 April 2013

Training Review - Week 14 - April 1 to 7

Poor start to the week. Swim session was working on turns. I am definitely getting better but they are still not good enough to do regularly or to use in a race. Also Lane 3 was packed so someone had to move out of it. But Lane 4 was pretty empty so I moved up. There is a definite bus subtle pace difference going in with the serious boys. 

Tuesday's run was surprisingly tough. Load of little reasons for that. Still got round my normal little 5k loop in a sensible time though.

Wednesday's swim was going well. Put in 2 x 250 fairly quickly but then the pool filled up with a mass of traffic and the choice was leave or drown some of the obstacles, so we left.

Thursday was my last chance to get out and drive the Trans-Am before her new owner came to collect her. And the gym was packed so I wasn't going to get treadmill space. I cut my gym brick to a bike only.

Friday I was planning to go mountain biking for an hour. Having cut all my run miles from the Thursday night session I decided I could get a couple of miles in, and then do a couple of miles on the mountain bike as well to check out all the new parts. Brakes work well, need to move the switch for the adjustable seatpost though. Was too far out of range to activate any time that it was needed.


Saturday I was thinking about topping up the numbers for the week but I decided instead to stick to the plan and keep my pre-race rest day. Did a bit of a core session and some stretching.

Sunday I went to Knockburn Duathlon. That will get a post to itself, but I had a decent race. I also slipped in a short warm-up run before hand. And then did another 3 mile run afterwards. This finished off my running target for the week. 

But between the short bike route at Knockburn and ducking out of my brick early on Thursday I cam up slightly short on bike as well as swim this week.


So targets for last week (Week 14) were:
Swim >1.5 miles Bike >28 miles. Run >13 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Actuals were:
Monday - Swim with TPT, 1,700m in 55mins.


Tuesday - Dyce loop. 5k in 27mins.


Wednesday - Swim 550 m in 25 mins.

Thursday - Gym Brick; Exercise bike 14.7 miles in 45mins.

Friday - MTB brick @ Kirkhill. Run 2.1 miles, 19mins. Mtb, 2.7 miles, 27mins.

Saturday - Rest Day. A core and stretching session.

Sunday - Knockburn duathlon. 2.6 mile run, 9.2 mile bike, 2.7 mile run. 

Plus a 1.5 mile warm up and a 3 mile run in Dyce afterwards.

Result - 
Swim 1.4 miles (2,250m). Bike 26.6 miles. Run 14.9 miles. 1 mixed core and stretching session.

No comments:

Post a Comment