Monday 22 April 2013

Training Review - Week 16 - April 15 to 21


Monday started with a time trial at swimming. A 750m time trial in 13min 34, with the first 400m done in 7min 30. (possibly both 50m too long, might have double counted somewhere looking at the pacing). My best 750m in a race is 14:01, and that was being towed along by a lane full of faster swimmers. So really chuffed to swim 13:34 doing all the work at the front. Not intending to work quite that hard in Sunday's race as it pretty much emptied the tank and I wouldn't have been able to bike or run off the back of it, but depending on who else is in my lane I could put in a similar time again with less effort.  

Tuesday was a very hilly and very windy 5k off-road run. Suffering a bit from Monday's time trial. But then came home and did a core session as well.

Wednesday I was feeling pretty terrible. Can't tell if it is lurgie but feeling very run down. Might just be that I made last night's spag bol using quorn mince because I didn't want to wait for the Tesco delivery man, and body has been confused by the lack of calories. Did 30 slow mins on the exercise bike but was really struggling. 

Thursday. Rest day. Went to see Olympus Has Fallen. It is stupid, but in a good way. Also did a mini service on my road bike for Sunday's race, and moved the tribars apart a little to see if that helps my shoulder.


Friday I was still feeling a bit drained from what is definitely a mild lurgie. I decided against the mtb brick that was on my schedule and instead went for an easy run around Dyce to just collect my weekly run mileage. Legs were feeling surprisingly comfortable after a light day and a rest day and rolled in a half decent time.


Saturday I went for an easy ride round Dyce to check out the bike and clear my legs out. 


Sunday was Turriff Triathlon, which will get a race report to itself. But the basic story is it was cold and wet, but 2 minutes faster than last year.

Bit disappointing on the totals this week. Didn't realise how short the time trial session would total out to, but can't complain about either swim this week for pace. The midweek breathing problems that were still hanging around at the weekend were the main reason for not making the bike total. 

So targets for last week (Week 16) were:

 Swim >1.5 mile. Bike >35 miles. Run >10 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Actuals were:
Monday - Swim with TPT, 1,400m in 55mins. Including time trial 400m in 7:30, 750m in 13:34.


Tuesday - 3.2 mile run at Kirkhill in 29 mins.


Wednesday - Exercise bike 9.1 miles in 30 mins.

Thursday - Rest Day.

Friday - Run 3.7 miles, 28 mins.

Saturday - Easy ride 9.3 miles in 37 mins. Stretching session.

Sunday - Turriff Sprint Triathlon. 750m swim ~14mins, 20k bike 47mins, 5k run 20mins.

Result - 
Swim 1.3 miles (1,400m). Bike 30.8 miles. Run 10 miles. 1 core and 1 stretching session.

No comments:

Post a Comment