Monday 15 April 2013

Training Review - Week 15 - April 8 to 14

Monday was a slightly strange session. The lane 3 and 4 swimmers were in together, swimming fast down lane 4 and then relaxed back up lane 3. Still improving and was probably about the 3rd or 4th fastest

Tuesday's run we went on a new route off-road and uphill at the back of Kirkhill. Good for a change and a nice relaxed pace, longer than a normal week.


Wednesday was my gym brick again. Furthest I have got through this session since I flipped it round to run then bike. Still a mile short of finishing it but closer than I have been.


Friday I had to switch out the mountain bike brick so I could visit the doctor. The nosebleeds I keep getting are not serious, but I do have some enlarged blood vessels in my nose which will need to be cauterised at an ENT clinic. In the meantime I have some lovely cream to rub inside my nose to try and reduce the frequency of the bleeding. I did still have time to put in an easy run. 


Saturday I was going to do an easy run. Instead I got hijacked into doing a bike/run brick. Was good for miles and better for running off the bike.

Went out for a group ride with the Kintore Sunday morning group. The route was cut in half before we started due to the winds. We did 25 miles at a slightly increased pace. Still happy enough despite the lack of miles. I already had plenty in for this week. 


Would have been nice to get a 50-miler in and to have my first 100-mile week, but no accounting for weather.

Diet tracking this week (post to follow tomorrow) has been interesting.




So targets for last week (Week 15) were:

Swim >1 mile. Bike >50 miles. Run >15 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Actuals were:
Monday - Swim with TPT, 2,125m in 55mins.


Tuesday - Run 4.7 hilly miles in 44 mins.


Wednesday - Gym brick. Bike 1 hr, 18.6 miles. Run 4 miles in 36 mins.

Thursday - Rest Day.

Friday - Easy run. 3.6 miles in 31:27. 

Saturday - Ride 13.2 miles in 55 mins. Run 4 miles in 35 mins.

Sunday - Ride 25.8 miles in 1 hour 40.

Result - 
Swim 1.3 miles (2,125m). Bike 57.6 miles. Run 16.3 miles.   core and stretching session.

No comments:

Post a Comment