Sunday 24 March 2013

Training Plan - Week 13 - March 25 to 31


Monday  - Swim with TPT. 

Tuesday - Run at Dyce, 3 mile loop and a stretching session. There are a couple of Strava segments on my basic Dyce loop that I think I should have topped the rankings for last week,... if I had checked that I had satellites before I started! If I am on a solo run again I intend to take a chunk of time out of at least one of those.

Wednesday - Swim 30mins steady or drills, (with some turns if the pool is quiet). 

Thursday - Gym brick 1 hour bike, 45 min run

Friday - Rest day. Maybe easy core and stretching session.

Saturday - Long bike or long run.

Sunday - Long run or long bike.

Target totals - Swim >1.5 miles Bike >40 miles. Run >15 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Switched the brick by a day so it doesn't come right on the back of my Tuesday run session. Hopefully this will be enough to get me through it completely this week. 

I also really want to take the mountain bike out at the weekend, just for a change from road biking as much as anything else but I still need to get the brakes replaced.

Minimum target numbers are up specifically for this week. Partly as I will have lower numbers to fit in a race next week (not sure whether I will do Knockburn Duathlon or Clachnaben hill race yet) and partly as I need to be doing longer single runs. I keep coming up with excuses to do several short runs and no longer ones, so I am going to move the number up a bit so that it isn't possible to just sneak it in with 3 short runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment