Monday 25 March 2013

Training Review - Week 12 - March 18 to 24


Monday I was still suffering a bit from Saturday's escapades in the cold. The headache wouldn't go away for more than a couple of hours at a time and I was generally achey. Had to move back down to lane 2 to get a space at swimming but I wasn't the only one so we did the full lane 3 session. Working on breathing and some body rotation drills.

Tuesday I had to run on my own, but I did my basic loop around Dyce instead of just the treadmill. Took about half a mile to get moving but once I was going it felt the most comfortable and most like actual running rather than jogging. Fastest I have done that loop since January 2009 and I felt like there was still another gear available. Been doing too many short runs like this though, need to stop spreading my weekly runs over 3 or 4 sessions and get out for longer runs.

Wednesday is brick day. Still finding it much harder to bike/run than it is to run/bike. Did my full hour on the bike and then did 30mins of the run. 10mins up on last week, and upped the pace quite a bit as well from 2 miles last week to 3.5 this week. Next week I think I am going to put a lighter day between my short run and my brick, or do my run at a much more sedate pace. 

Niggle in the outside of my left soleus is getting more annoying. Nothing major so far, just tightness. Has been building up for about a week now. Needs a stretch and a roller before running or biking on it again.

Thursday. Rest Day. Rest days are so exhausting. 

Friday. Another Rest Day. Really beyond exhausted! Did a bit of very light rollering to try and ease off my soleus.

Saturday. Went to Peterhead for a run/swim. Running gently uphill for 2 miles seemed very easy, only once I turned to run back towards town I realised how strong the wind had been and it was much harder getting back. Then I went for an hour swim session with a friend of mine. She is still pretty new so was giving her some technical tips to work on. Forgot to count  laps though so distance was a bit of a guess. 

Also decided that Sunday bike session will be in the gym or on the turbo. Too cold this weekend to risk another bout of hypothermia. This means that next weekend is going to be my only ride before my next race so I shouldn't have to worry so much about salt / snow corrosion and I have finally changed out the rusty chain on my road bike. Will run it in next weekend.

Sunday went to the gym and just rolled an easy 60mins (18.6miles) on the gym bike. Despite 2 rest days and 2 light days I am still exhausted. Not in a muscle fatigue way so still don't think it is from over-training. Just not sleeping properly. Going to try and cut down on caffiene a bit this week to see if I can get into a stable sleep pattern to see if that helps.


Made all my targets this week but without going much over the target numbers.

So targets for last week (Week 12) were:
Swim >1.5 miles Bike >31 miles. Run >10 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Actuals were:
Monday - Swim with TPT, 1,750m.


Tuesday - 5k (3.1miles) run around Dyce loop 23mins.


Wednesday - Gym Brick. 1 hr bike 18.5 miles, 30mins treadmill run 3.5 miles.

Thursday - Rest day.

Friday - Rest day. Light rollering.

Saturday - Easy run 4miles in 34mins and then swim session at Peterhead ~750m, 1hr.  Light stretching and a bit of rollering.

Sunday - Gym bike. 1 hr bike, 18.6 miles.


Result - 
Swim 1.6 miles (2,500 m). Bike 37.1 miles. Run 10.6 miles. 2 half rollering / strecthing sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment