Monday 11 March 2013

Training Review - Week 10 - March 4 to 10


Change of layout. Decided I might as well put the explanations up front. 

Struggled for most of this week. Didn't sleep well for a few days and was really suffering for motivation, and from being physically exhausted. Can't really place why. Last Sunday's race wasn't particularly hard, and last week as a whole was fairly light on totals even though some of them were quite fast, so it is unlikely to be from over-training. 

Despite wanting to just go straight home after work, I forced myself to the gym on Wednesday and then bailed early on both sections of my brick. First time I have done the brick the right way round so did at least have something positive out of it.

Thursday I had to drop my swim to fit in a cinema trip. (Broken City, don't bother it's much too slow). I did manage to fit in a run on the treadmill though and got the missed session from Tuesday. Stepped the pace up a bit because I knew I had a rest day on Friday to recover.

Saturday's ride started fairly terribly. I just wasn't in the mood for it after the mondeo failing to start in the morning, and having to then unpack it and set up the bike rack on the RR and then rush to get to the start of the ride. By about 20miles in I was just about settling in and feeling comfortable. Then from 30-40 was freezing. Top of Queen's View was cold and the descent into the wind was horrible. Despite my Sealskinz socks and gloves my feet were completely numb and my hands were so cold I couldn't shift gears with my left hand and had to keep reaching over with my right when I needed a front gear change. Despite that it was my second longest ride of the year, and my second fastest as well.

Sunday I had decided to pick up all the missed bits of my weekly plan by running to the pool, doing an easy swim and running home again. But the weather fairy didn't like that plan and I woke up to a blizzard. So I drove to the pool and swam 900m and then tried a lazy run on the treadmill. I had hoped that once I was on and moving I might manage to get the 6 miles to fill out my week but I felt exhausted and stiff so I stopped early again. I am so far ahead of my running plan for this year that one bad week is not even a mild concern.


So targets for last week (Week 10) were:
Swim >1.5 miles Bike >31 miles. Run >10 miles. A core or stretching session. 

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT, 1,500m in Lane 2. Mostly because lane 3 was mobbed but partly because I was tired from racing.

Tuesday - Nothing. Nearly 2 hours in traffic getting home and then really couldn't be bothered.

Wednesday - Gym brick. Bike 45 mins, 13.6 miles. Run 9 mins, 1 mile.

Thursday -  Treadmill. 24:45 for 5k. 

Friday - Rest day. Little bit of light rollering and stretching.

Saturday - Long ride. 47.1 miles in 3 hrs 10 with DTCC.

Sunday - Easy swim 900m in 21 mins. Treadmill 15 mins 1.5 miles.

Result - 
Swim 1.5 miles (2,400 m). Bike 60.7 miles. Run 5.6 miles. 1 x stretching / rollering session.


No comments:

Post a Comment