Sunday 5 May 2013

Training Plan - Week 19 - May 6 to 12


Holiday on Monday this week so three long days in this week, including 2 very long rides. 80 on the Monday is going to be by far my longest ride ever and is way over what I would do in a normal week. So some big mileage targets for the week.

My core and flexibility have been massively neglected. I can barely hold a plank for 30 seconds! And I can't reach my toes until part way through a stretching session. This is starting to become an issue on the bike as they are both limiting how long I can spend in my aero position. Fortunately, as I have tested this week, I can work on them without really affecting any of my other sessions so I am going to add to my current plan by putting 6 x 15 minute sessions a week. I started this as a trial last week, but it is in as a proper part of the plan for this week.

4 runs planned in for this week, including a long one on the Sunday. Might drop one of them for a swim if I don't make the TPT Monday night session, or to get in a second swim. 

Monday - Long ride ~80 miles. Stretching. 
Might manage swimming with TPT as well, but not really expecting to.

Tuesday - Easy recovery run. Core.

Wednesday - Run. Stretching. 100 days to Aberfeldy!

Thursday -  Treadmill run. Star Trek Into Darkness! Core.

Friday - Rest Day. Stretching. 

Saturday - Long bike. Core.

Sunday - Long run. >9 miles.

Target totals - Swim >1 mile. Bike >120 miles. Run >20 miles. 3 short core and 3 short stretching sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment