Wednesday 3 July 2013

Annual Target Review - End of Q2


Half way through the year so time for another review.

So here comes all the dry numbery bit again:

2013 Annual Targets are:
Swim 75 miles and learn to tumble turn.
Bike 1612 miles. - Updated at Q1
Run 520 miles.
Do 250 sessions.
Do a Half Ironman (August).
Run a running race. - Completed in Q1
Keep weight over 73kg and aim for 80kg.
Bike target revised up to 1820 miles.
PBs for 2 of 3, out of Knockburn Duathlon, Turriff Triathlon & Forres Triathlon.
Two runs over 15 miles.
Two rides over 60 miles.
Two bricks over 3 hours.

That means at of the way through the year I should have done somewhere in the region of:
Swim 38 miles and be doing some turns.
Bike 910 miles.
Run 260 miles.
Keep weight over 73kg.
And 2 PB races out of those three.

Two runs over 15 miles.
Two rides over 60 miles.
Two bricks over 3 hours.

And the actuals to date are:
Swum 42 miles and trying to do some turns.
Biked 1207 miles.
Run 388 miles.
Kept my weight over 76kg and now up to 79kg. 
Big PBs at all three of Turriff, Knockburn and Forres.


Two runs over 15 miles.
Two rides over 60 miles.
Two bricks over 3 hours.

Despite a week off with a bug in June I still racked up my highest monthly run mileage since I ran my marathon back in May 2011. Running fitness is definitely starting to come back, despite the massive style changes in how I run. Not making a 15 mile run yet is bugging me but I did do a 14 as part of a duathlon race and I am increasing my midweek run distances.

I started writing this last week and should have stuck with it then instead of coming back to it. Had a really shit day on the TT bike Sunday and am now at the point where I am considering quitting Aberfeldy altogether, or alternatively riding it on my road bike, which would make it pretty pointless anyway.

Changes to targets

So what changes to make at this point?

None. Even if I was in a better mood there is no point in trying to set targets when I have no idea if I am going to be racing or not. If I decide not to do Aberfeldy then there is no need to do anything like my current mileage. And whether I do it or not there is no reason to keep these levels up beyond August.

No comments:

Post a Comment