Monday 29 July 2013

Training Review - Week 30 - July 22 to 28


Monday, (and Tuesday) I still have a cold. I could train over it but it wouldn't do me any good so going to follow the advice I give everyone else and rest till I am healthy.

Wednesday, OK, so I am just going to ignore the cold. It is improving but I was still sniffling most of the day. So I decided to run/swim at Knockburn anyway. Took it very easy. Jogged round most of the race route for the standard triathlon next weekend. Then did 2 and a half laps in the water. Planned 3 but was testing out different goggles and the third set the green colour makes the orange buoys practically invisible and I got lost and ended up cutting across the middle of the loch. Still a good day out for being under the weather so happy enough.

Thursday, I did an easy brick. Tested out the TT bike since I got it back. Having to fiddle with the position again as the bike shop moved it all to test ride it. Bike is definitely running much more smoothly though. Did an easy couple of mile jog in the middle. Then biked home.

Friday, I was really tired after work and stuck to my plan rather than trying to catch up on the miles from earlier in the week. Stuck with the planned rest day and did some easy stretching instead.

Saturday, I spent most of the day packing for Inverurie triathlon and my holiday next week. I did go out for a short jog in the morning. Just round Dyce to give my legs a bit of a clear out and make sure I could breathe after the cold. 

Sunday I went to Inverurie Triathlon. Separate race report for it to follow. I thought about riding there and back to get some more bike miles for the week but decided against it.

Missed all my totals targets for this week due to the cold at the start of the week and the triathlon being changed to an aquathon. 


So targets for last week (Week 30) were:

Target totals - Swim >2 miles. Bike >60 miles. Run >20 miles. 1 run over 10 miles. 1 short core and 1 short stretching session.

Actuals were:

Monday - Still sick.

Tuesday - Still sniffly.

Wednesday - Jog 5.5 miles in 51mins. Swim 1,500m in 50mins.

Thursday - Bike 14.5 miles in 62mins. Run 2 miles in 18 mins. Bike 6.9 miles in 23 mins.

Friday - Rest Day. 

Saturday - Easy run 3.5 miles in 30mins.

Sunday -  Inverurie Triathlon Aquathon. Swim 750m, 13mins 32. Run 3.0 miles 20mins 58. And a core session.

Result - 
Swim 1.3 miles (2,250m). Bike 21.4 miles. Run 14 miles. 0 runs over 10 miles. 1 core and 1 stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment