Monday 2 September 2013

Training Review - Week 35 - Aug 26 to Sept 1



Started the week with an easy double session on Monday. Easy run around Dyce, then a lazy trip to the pool. Did some core and very light weights.

Tuesday I went for my first bike ride since Aberfeldy. Knee didn't like it much. I think the position of my cleats might be the cause of my knee problem. Felt pretty easy ticking over the pedals though and put in a very comfortable 30 miles. Had an option to go further but it was pretty overcast and it was getting a bit dark to be out without lights. 
Did some core and very light weights.

Wednesday I was planning to go out to Knockburn but aggravating my knee on the bike made that a risky idea so I decided to play safe and rest it till the weekend. Have fiddled a bit with my cleats in the hope that next time out will be less painful. 

Thursday, still resting. Did some core and very light weights and stretching.

Friday, still resting. Did some core and very light weights.

Saturday did an easy 10k run. I say easy because of the speed. It nearly took me an hour, but there was nothing easy about it. I am still really stiff in bottom of my back and my knee. I have dropped Sunday's long group ride because I don't think I would survive it. going to go for a swim early in the morning instead and maybe roll some easier bike miles on my own in the afternoon if it is a nice day.

Sunday, started with an early morning swim. Felt really sluggish at the start but worked my way into it. Had planned to do 6 x 400m doing something slightly different on each one. I started with normal breathing, then did bilateral breathing for the next one, breathing every 4th stroke for the next one, then a random mixture for the fourth one. Was feeling really tired by this point and still planned to go on the bike so decided to drop the last two and just did a 200m warm down with some practice turns.

Took the bike out for an easy roll before lunch. Decided to try a completely new route. Went out the back road to Bridge of Don, along the beach and then back up through Bridge of Don and home. Had to throw in an extra little half-mile loop at the end to get to the 20 miles I needed for the week.

Pretty good week all round. Knee problem is definitely improving. Was always going to struggle to get my swim miles when I cancelled my Knockburn trip.  


So targets for last week (Week 35) were: 
Swim >2 miles. Bike >50 miles. Run >10 miles. 2 short core, 2 short light weights and 2 short stretching sessions.

Actuals were:

Monday - Easy run 4 miles in 36 mins. Swim 800m, 33 mins. And an easy core session.

Tuesday - Road bike 30 miles, 1 hour 55 mins. And an easy core session.


Wednesday - Rest day. 

Thursday - Rest day. Core and light weights and a bit of stretching.

Friday - Rest day. Core and light weights.

Saturday - Run 6.2 miles in 58 mins. Core and light weights.

Sunday - Swim 1,800m, in 44 mins. Bike 20.1 miles in 1 hours 18mins.



Result - 
Swim 1.6 miles (2,600 m). Bike 50.1 miles. Run 10.2 miles. 5 core, 2 short light weights and 1 stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment