Monday 23 September 2013

Training Review - Week 38 - Sept 16 to 22


Last race of the season at the weekend so the rest of the week is just an easy ramp down towards that. 


Monday, I should have read the session before I went. It was all single arm drills, which my shoulder and back can't handle. So I ended up just paddling up and down trying to work in the spaces between other swimmers. The fatigue from last week is even worse. I managed to cover enough that I will get my swim target easily enough, but it felt terrible and has hammered my confidence for a fast swim at Huntly. 

Tuesday was an easy run. Just over 5 miles, nothing too exciting. 


Then I went on a resting binge. Wednesday, I just did nothing. Had felt a bit sniffly through the day and the weather didn't look great for the TT bike. Thursday I also did nothing. Bit of the weather again and just being a bit tired. Did manage to clean and check the bike though. Friday I did nothing again. Although I did do a bit of DIY. This is going to leave me under all my totals for the week. 

Normally at the end of racing season I end up on a bit of  DIY kick as I try to make up for not doing anything beyond the minimum cleaning and tidying for the previous 6-9 months. I have a bad habit of starting the day before my last race and going into that knackered. I tried to be more sensible about that this year but somehow I still ended up painting the ceiling in the office, painting the radiator in the kitchen, digging up all my potatoes and refilling the beds with compost. 




So targets for last week (Week 38) were: 
Swim >2 miles. Bike >50 miles. Run >12 miles. 2 short core, 2 short light weights and 2 short stretching sessions.

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT. 1,850m in 55mins.

Tuesday - Easy run 5.1 miles in 44 mins


Wednesday - Rest Day.

Thursday - Rest Day.

Friday - Rest Day.

Saturday - Rest Day.

Sunday - Huntly Standard Triathlon.



Result - 
Target totals - Swim 2.1 miles (3,350m). Bike 22.6 miles. Run 11.5 miles. 0 short core, 0 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment