Monday 30 September 2013

Training Review - Week 39 - Sept 23 to 29

So end of season "rest" has started well. Monday, went straight to the pool and did a 2k swim set. Felt surprisingly good after race day. Better actually than race day. Not really much in the way of rest though.

Tuesday I was going for a run but the traffic was so bad that it took me 40 minutes to drive a mile and I gave up on the other 3 to get to where we were meant to be running from and went home instead. Wednesday I stuck to a rest day. Recovering  

Thursday it was back out, but still taking it easy. Gentle jog, so gentle that we even stopped for a 5 minute chat with a pedestrian. Did 7 very slow and comfortable miles.

Friday, rest day. 

Saturday, planned to go swimming but had to cancel that to try and find a replacement fridge freezer.

Sunday, planned to go biking but cancelled on the Saturday night as I just didn't feel like it. Decided that I would go for a swim instead, but then when I got up I couldn't find the will to even get dressed until lunchtime. Really not feeling like it this week. 


The list looks like I am nearly getting the hang of this whole "resting" thing. Have to be careful though. I am starting to struggle with being depressed again. I have kept the edge off it by doing lots of DIY jobs to try and keep me busy. That is helping a bit, but not enough. 

My fridge freezer dying didn't help. I thought I could just drive to Currys on Saturday morning and buy a new one, five minutes, in and out. But I was really suffering with the agoraphobia being out at the shops on my own. This was not helped by them not having anything that would fit in my kitchen (physically, never mind stylishly). I managed to push myself to go to another shop, but was right on the limits of running out and had to sit and calm down in the car for a while after the second one. From there I gave up and resorted to the internet and phone. Turns out not a single store within 60 miles of my house stocks a standard width fridge-freezer, nor can they get one within 4 weeks! No wonder Comet went bust.

I have figured out that I can pick one up from either Perth or Dundee on my way back from the wedding next weekend. This means however that I have to completely rework my diet for a week with no fresh meat. And then next week I have to order enough shopping to restock my freezer.



So targets for last week (Week 39) were: 
Nothing. 

Actuals were:

Monday - Swim with TPT. 2,000m in 56mins.

Tuesday - Rest Day.


Wednesday - Rest Day.

Thursday - Jog 7 miles, 1hr 10.

Friday - Rest Day

Saturday - Rest Day

Sunday - Rest Day.




Result - Swim 1.2 miles (2,000m). Bike 0 miles. Run 7 miles. 0 short core, 2 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment