Monday 24 June 2013

Training Review - Week 25 - June 17 to 23


Good to be back from the lurgie. Having a whole week of doing nothing was hard work.

Monday was a nice easy start. Did half the TPT swim session in Lane 2 then started to get messy as I was lapping the traffic so I shifted back up into Lane 3.

Tuesday was a long run. 8 miles, fairly easy. Was probably a bit much after just coming back from the cold I had last week. Was still a bit snotty the whole way. Have put lock laces into the trainers I am planning to race Aberfeldy in. Not sure if I like them or not. I much prefer laced shoes for running in, but a lot of times trying to do laces in transition isn't worth the benefits on the run. Especially on cold or wet days and the shorter the event the less benefit real laces are. Will give them a few weeks trial, but have kept the laces handy in case I decide to switch back. 

Wednesday I went out to Knockburn. Tied my session in with some friends so did a bit of everything. Started with an easy 4 mile run on my own, bit slow as I was stiff from 8-miles the night before. Then 2 lap swim in the loch. Planned 3 but she kept stopping to chat to people and we still had a bike to do. Then a quick trip round a loop of the Sprint bike course again. 

Thursday I did Stonehaven Aquathon. (There is no L in Aquathon!). Race report separately.

Friday I had planned to test my road bike on a the hard and dry Forres triathlon bike route, but the heavens opened as I was driving through. This meant the course would almost certainly be too soft for my road bike so there was nothing to learn and I decided to take the rest day instead. I had packed my mountain bike just in case the road bike couldn't handle the course anyway.

Saturday was Forres Triathlon. This is getting a race report to itself as well. Main thing for here is that taking the mtb was definitely necessary. 

Sunday I got dragged to Knockburn to act as morale support for my Iron friend's last open water swim before Austria. Did a couple of easy laps.

Good week for swimming distance. Really good week for speed, swimming and running both went much faster than I expected. Missed out on bike miles but 



So targets for last week (Week 25) were:

Swim Swim >2.5 miles. Bike >60 miles. Run >18 miles. One run over 8 miles. 2 short core and 2 short stretching sessions. 

Actuals were:


Monday - Swim with TPT 2,150m.


Tuesday - Run 8 miles, 67 mins.


Wednesday - Run 4 miles in 34 mins. Swim 1,200m in 36 mins. Bike 11.5 miles in 43mins.

Thursday - Stonehaven Aquathon. 400m swim in 7 mins 41. 2.8 mile run in 18min 27.


Friday - Rest day. Some stretching but not enough to count as a whole session.


Saturday - Forres Triathlon. 400m swim in 6 mins 56! MTB 9.1 miles in 36mins. Run 2.1 miles in 15mins 11.


Sunday - Swim 1,200m in 30 mins.


Result - 
Swim 3.3 miles (5,350 m). Bike 20.6 miles. Run 17 miles. 1 run over 8 miles. 0 core and 0.5 stretching sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment