Wednesday 2 October 2013

Annual Target Review - End of Q3

At the End of Q2 I was here.



2013 Annual Targets are:

Swim 75 miles and learn to tumble turn.
Bike 1612 miles. - Updated at end of Q1 to 1820 miles.
Run 520 miles.
Do 250 sessions.
Do a Half Ironman (August).
Run a running race. - Completed in Q1
Keep weight over 73kg and aim for 80kg.

That means at three-quarters of the way through the year I should have done somewhere in the region of:
Swim 57 miles and be doing some turns.
Bike 1365 miles.
Run 390 miles.
Do 188 sessions.
Do a Half Ironman.
Keep weight over 73kg.

And the actuals to date are:
Swum 63 miles and trying to do some turns.
Biked 1760 miles.
Run 551 miles.
Done 247 sessions.
Did Aberfeldy Half Ironman.
Kept my weight over 76kg and now up to 80kg. 

So I got through Aberfeldy Half Ironman. That crosses another one off the list. 

Also passed the end of year run target, and almost at the new bike target, with 3 months still to go. And only 3 more sessions to make the total sessions target (and the counter doesn't include all the bits and pieces of stretching, weights or core). 

Changes to targets

So what changes to make with 3 months to go?

Swim target is just about on schedule. From now it gets harder to do two sessions a week as it is too cold to swim outdoors and getting a sensible pool session to fit in around having a job and doing big weekend sessions is tough. If I was just to stick to the single session a week I will be very close to the target so it is going to stay at 75. And try and do lots more work on the turns!

The bike target should probably be reset again. In Q1 I thought about moving it to 2080 (40 miles a week). If I stayed on the same schedule as I have done I might get to 2,346. But I am not going to stay on the same schedule. I am intending to do more running and some mountain biking, so the 40 miles a week average is probably going to slip a little. So 2,080 is the new and sensible target.

The run target definitely needs resetting. Already 30 miles past my target for the whole year. If I kept my current schedule I would get to 730 or thereabouts. 700 would be my second highest year ever, it takes 780 to be my longest running year ever. I am going to stick with 700 as the new target. 700 is achievable, and without radically upping my mileage in the potentially worsening weather. 

Number of sessions was never a real target so not going to rest that one. 

Weight, I am not going to mess with but would be good to lose some of the extra that I am carrying at the minute. 80kg would be ok for racing if it was all useful, but I know at least 5 of them are just sitting on my belly and ruining my six-pack. No rush to drop it, but aiming to get to the end of the year somewhere between 75 and 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment