Monday 14 October 2013

Training Review - Week 41 - October 7 to 13

Crappy start to the week. Went to swimming but didn't make it half way through the session.

Tuesday, I should have gone for a run. I couldn't work up enough willpower though. I did get back on with the DIY. The office is now finished. So I went back to wiring up the last of the garden lights, painting the decking, clearing the blocked drain. 

Wednesday, I should have gone for a run. I didn't even get on with the DIY this time. Have been really struggling for sleep this week. This is leaving me too tired and unmotivated for training. That means I get a bit depressed. And then I don't sleep. 

Thursday, I should have gone for a run. Failed again, but did get back on the DIY. Second coat done on the decking, leaves swept up, bike tool box sorted out. I think I have just about reached the stage of being so exhausted that I might get a good night's sleep.

Friday, I should have gone for a run. But actually I knew this one wasn't going to happen as I had a works night out to go to instead.

Saturday, I should have gone for a run. I did manage to go out with a friend for an hour on the TT bike. She was out for her first ride on her new TT bike so it was fairly sedate and nervous but was at least good to be out doing something. 

Sunday, I should have gone for a run. But I really just can't be bothered. I did manage to drag myself off the sofa to do about half an hour of wii yoga. First time I have had the wii on since my shoulder.  This has taught me some lessons. The stretching I was doing all year has been less than useless and my left-right imbalance is huge. I knew my right side was a bit weak and tight, it always has been so I have been ignoring the niggles and blaming the plate in my shoulder, but the current difference is massive. It is no wonder I am having knee problems on my left side, I must be carrying 70-80% of my weight and balance on it when I run. The current stretching regime is getting binned in favour of wii yoga for a while. But on the plus side the core sessions I have been doing all year have been great. My six-pack isn't showing, but whatever is tucked away under my slightly flabby belly is certainly working.



So targets for last week (Week 41) were: 
Get weight back under 81.5kg. 

Actuals were:

Monday - Aborted swim with TPT. 900m in 38 mins.

Tuesday - Fail.


Wednesday - Fail.

Thursday - Fail.

Friday - Rest day.

Saturday - TT bike 13.5, 1 hr 4 mins.

Sunday -  30mins of wii yoga.




Result - Swim 0.5 miles (900m). Bike 13.5 miles. Run 0 miles. 0 short core, 1 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions, but a bit of wii yoga.
Weight - 80.5kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment