Monday 28 October 2013

Training Review - Week 43 - October 21 to 27

I expect work to screw up this week, but let us see what happens.

Monday, I had to be home for Tesco delivery so I couldn't go to my normal swim session. Did try to go to the pool at Bucksburn for a while though. Arrived to find they had made a last minute change to their timetable and cancelled the evening session. Very annoying. So we went to McDonalds instead. Good idea at the time but not helping my weight target.

Tuesday, as predicted, got screwed by work. Didn't get home till 7 and was flat out exhausted. 

Wednesday, as predicted, worked screwed me again. Was after 7 before I got home and after 8 by the time I was fed.

Thursday, went mountain biking at Scolty... in the dark. That was an interesting experience. Especially on a load of routes that I didn't know. Were 10 of us to start with but we quickly split into two groups. Even then I was dragging along at the back of the slow group. It was a bit stop-start as I tried to cope with the mud and the dark and the roots. Was pretty good fun but hard work. Did whack my shoulder of a tree in one of the medium speed bits, but it was just a glancing blow on the way past. Good confirmation that my pinned shoulder can take as much abuse as the normal one now.

Friday, Another day off and a trip to the cinema. Ender's Game is wholly predictable and pretty poor. If Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley weren't in it, it wouldn't have been made.

Saturday, I did manage to drag myself out of bed for an early swim. Was pretty terrible though. Back and shoulders were tight from not sleeping well and thursday's mountain biking. Once I got them loosened off a bit I did a few 200m efforts, but couldn't even get up to my 800m pace. 

Sunday, I went out for an easy run. Under 4 miles and pretty slow, and my knee still didn't like it much. But then when I got home I also threw in nearly an hour of wii yoga and aerobic games, and a light weights session.


Diet has been slightly healthier than normal this week. By accident more than design. But the end result is my weight is back down to 79kg. Biking for the week was under target miles but it was over 2 hours of hard work mountain biking, which is about equivalent to 30 miles of road biking effort, so I am actually going to claim that as complete. So my only real miss for this week was lack of running miles and resting the knee probably isn't a bad idea.




So targets for last week (Week 43) were: 
Swim something. Bike >30 miles. Run >10 miles. Weight under 80kg

Actuals were:

Monday - Nothing

Tuesday - Nothing


Wednesday - Nothing


Thursday - MTB at Scolty. 10.6 miles in 2 hours 14mins.

Friday - Rest Day. Cinema - Enders Game.

Saturday - Swim. 1,000m.

Sunday -  Jog 3.8 miles in 34mins.



Result - Swim 0.6 miles (1,000 m). Bike 10.6 miles. Run 3.8 miles. 0 short core, 1 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions. 66 mins of wii yoga. 
Weight - 79 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment