Monday 21 October 2013

Training Review - Week 42 - October 14 to 20

And we are off for another week. 

After Sunday's wii yoga exploits I decided to run through it again, just to confirm that the results weren't a fluke. Definitely not. My flexibility and imbalance are ridiculous but my core is great. Another 30 minutes of that and I am already feeling the difference. I could feel the difference at swimming as well. It was much less forced at the start and I could gradually feel my side tightening up as I went. Eventually got some minor cramp in my right foot but it went away again almost immediately, as compared to previous weeks where it would be there for the rest of the session. Was also managing to do some work on my turns, the good ones are not improving much but I can at least survive the really bad ones now without almost drowning. 


Tuesday I dragged myself out for a run. Posture was hugely different from the last few months. Need to dig into my training diary to investigate why I stopped the wii yoga when it clearly makes a major difference. 


Looked it up. Stopped the regular wii-ing in early 2010, nothing I can specifically blame. Looks like it could have been just that the girlfriend I had at the time was taking more of my attention or was using my tv so I wasn't fitting it in. There are random single days after that but nothing that constitutes a real effort to use it.

Fairly relaxed Wednesday. Was busy at work so needed a nap when I got home. Then just did another easy half hour of wii yoga.

Thursday was a trip to the pool. Started ok and got managed to weave a bit around the traffic and put in an easy 8min 400m. Then it was getting busy so I was having to grab 50 at a time in gaps. Gave up after a few of those. 


Friday was a movie. Escape Plan. Not Arnie or Sly's best work, but not too bad.

Saturday was going to be a bike day but the weather was terrible. Did get invited for a very slow run ahich was enough to close out my run miles for the week. Weather was rotten and ended up soaked through 4 layers, including a waterproof. Was just under 8 miles, but struggling along at 10minutes/mile downhill. Another movie in. Captain Phillips. Not Tom Hanks best work, but still pretty good. 

Sunday my planned group ride got cancelled so I went out for a ride on my own instead. Had to go for all my winter gear to deal with the weather. That seemed like a genius idea for the first 6 miles, I was really struggling with empty legs, but was at least dealing with the weather. I decided early on that I wasn't going to make 30 miles on my own so I took it easy to 7 and turned back. The way back my legs were working in patches, but not for anything more than a minute or two at a time before going back to the empty feeling. The sun did come out though so it was lovely and warm as I struggled to drag myself home. Every little bump in the road feels like a munro. The extra weight is part of that but there seems to be a huge whole in my basic fitness. Stuck in another 30mins of he wii yoga as well.

On the whole weight thing. That is turning out to be a lot harder to fix than I wanted it to be. When I feel fat, I get unhappy, when I get unhappy, I get hungry and I comfort eat junk food. Will need to get some longer sessions back in, but that in turn means fixing my knee and my fitness. Things are not going so well. 




So targets for last week (Week 42) were: 
Swim something. Bike >30 miles. Run >10 miles. Weight under 80kg

Actuals were:

Monday - 30mins of wii yoga. Swim with TPT. 1,900m in 44mins.

Tuesday - Run 3.5 miles in 27mins.


Wednesday - 30 mins of wii yoga.

Thursday - Easy swim 600m, 22mins.

Friday - Day off.

Saturday - Run 7.8 miles, 1hr 15mins.

Sunday -  Road bike 13.6miles, 56mins. 30 mins of wii yoga.



Result - Swim 1.6 miles (2,500 m). Bike 13.6 miles. Run 11.3 miles. 0 short core, 0 short light weights and 0 short stretching sessions. 90 mins of wii yoga. 
Weight - 81kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment